Alepxo used to work on a pet shop. Air collapsed on the basement was alive and exotique, and the pet shop was perfectly hide from the common glance, with a blurry clandestine shade.
He had an arguing once, against a doorman on a well known mall where he was spending some of his time for buying some food for his pets: a hawk, a python and a wolf, animals he had to take care of since the sudden close of the pet shop.
- You cannot o any further with that bird, young man.
- But... I'm leading to the pet shop over there
- Sorry, you just CAN'T
- Ok, then... here you have. YOU take care of it while I'm inside
- Ehhh... no
- Then stop bitching with me
Alepxo kept on walking, doorman did nothing to stop him. The lil bird behaved... unlike the wolf when Alepxo took it to have a walk in the park, as usually people does with their dogs. The lil wolf ended up above a snack bar from a food store, eating cynically the fresh meat and Alepxo couldnt do anything to stop him, neither any of the scared people shaking over their tables.
Variety of this pet shop went further than usual pet shops around, and beyond their hamster-dog-cat-rabbit-bird offer, and I dont include turtles, spiders or fishes since I dont think they're actually a formal pet. If we're lucky, we can find cute but useless Hedgehogs, hurons, maybe a parrot... but you cannot ever think about titi monkeys, peafowls, wolves, small big cats and animals like those wich Alepxo had to feed as a common daily schedule.
One day, one of those Gucci Fancy Ladies came, of those that owns a huge ban and comes and goes messing the traffic all around, spending the money that their richs husbands give to them for being good wifes, for being so dedicated on appearing at high society newspapers that dont have time to spend on raising their children in a good way, that explains why the lil girl that came with her was yelling loudly after Alephxo told the lady that no, there wasn't any iguana left on the store, and wouldnt be available until next week.
This lady takes a cellphone, while her bodyguards tries unsuccesfully to calm down the lil girl.
"Your daughter is making a scene because there are no iguanas left, what can I do? ... But she doesnt shut up! ... Is just that I DONT KNOW what to DO! ... I already tried that, but she's too stubborn!... Be supportive for God's Sake! ... Hmmm... ok... Bye"
Lady ask for some another look-a-liked lizzard on the store. Alephxo points his finger upon a jail at the back.
- Right now, we only have those ones, but I don't think is that what you're looking for.
- Look Mom! There are iguanas!
- There are not, sweetie... what are those, young man?
- I WANT ONE, MOM!
- Ok, sweetie. How many for one of them?
- 300 dlls
- WHAT? 300? But... iguanas costs around 40!
- These ones are varanos, mrs., not iguanas. They're totally different.
- I want one, mommy!
- Wait honey, why don't we wait until next week?
- I WANT ONE!
- Don't you want an iguana instead?
- I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE!
Girl stards yelling again, Lady takes her cellphone again.
"Your daughter wants a lizzard that costs 300 dlls... well, that's a lot of money for such a pet, and later you complain that I spend too much on nothing... ok, we'll see at night. Goodbye Honey"
Lady extends a credit card to Alephxo.
- We're taking one.
- But Mrs... this is a varano, it's not...
- I know, you already told me.
- I know... but this animal is different to an iguana, requires special care that is quite different that...
- YES, YOU TOLD ME THAT TOO. I want it on a small box that I can carry everywhere, one of those over there. Quick please, I'm in a rush.
Alephxo takes the card and prepares the animal for the lady. Client is always right. While he's on his task, he explains step by step the kind of care the animal needs. When he start to explain the food part, the lady is not listening anymore.
- You'll need some small mices by now. We have new borns right now, wanna some?
- No, thanks. I'll come back for them later. 300 dlls are already too much spent money.
- Those mices are not expnsive at all, in fact...
- I said LATER
Lady turns on her feets and walks away.
- Hey Mom! Guy in there said my lizzard needs to eat mices. What is it gonna eat if we have none?
- This kind of people are only after our money, sweetheart. Look at this thing, is not different to an iguana at all... they must eat somehow the same. We'll feed it with lettuce, fruits and vegetables, you'll see how big and beautiful your pet will become in a couple of years.